A Spooktacular Seasonal Treat
● By Family Features
(Family Features) Hay rides and pumpkin carving aren’t the only time-honored traditions of fall. This time of year also brings the opportunity to enjoy spooktacular and hair-raising seasonal treats.
Whether served alone in a glass or incorporated in tasty recipes, limited edition TruMoo Orange Scream can help you whip-up festive sips and snacks. Inspired by orange frozen pops with vanilla ice cream and made with no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial growth hormones and no artificial sweeteners, this creamy orange milk is so frightfully delicious and nutritious, it might make you scream with joy.
And this fall, the colorful milk is getting a makeover. In celebration of DreamWorks’ Trolls, Poppy and Branch – the eternally optimistic troll and her overly cautious counterpart – will make an appearance on specially marked bottles of TruMoo Orange Scream and Chocolate milks.
Kick off this year’s fearsome festivities with recipes inspired by the movie and its beloved characters: Truly Colorful Crepes and Poppy’s Orange Scream Pudding Parfaits. It’ll be no surprise when the whole family asks for more.
Truly Colorful Crepes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups TruMoo Orange Scream milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Frozen yogurt
- confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- blue sprinkles (optional)
- In large bowl, combine eggs, milk, flour, sugar, melted butter, orange extract and salt. Beat with wire whisk to combine well. Cover and place mixture in refrigerator for 1 hour, or up to 2 days.
- Stir mixture with spoon. Heat lightly greased 9-inch skillet over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter into center of pan; quickly swirl or spread mixture to fill skillet. Cook each crepe 30 seconds; flip; cook another 10 seconds until lightly browned. Place crepe on large cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining batter. Do not stack crepes on top of each other.
- To serve, place 2 small scoops of frozen yogurt in center of crepe; fold sides over to close. Sprinkle crepes with confectioners’ sugar, grated orange peel and sprinkles, if desired.
Poppy’s Orange Scream Pudding Parfaits
- 1 package (16.5 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 2 cup TruMoo Orange Scream milk
- whipped topping
- blue and green sprinkles
- Prepare cookies as package directs. Set aside.
- Prepare instant pudding as package directs, using milk.
- In a glass or parfait dish, crumble 1 cookie; top with large spoonful of pudding. Repeat layering. Dollop with spoonful of whipped topping; top with sprinkles. Repeat to make three more parfaits.