Fruit-Filled Summer Celebrations
05/11/2015 03:38AM ● Published by Family Features
Whether you anticipate fun-filled pool parties, laid-back picnics at the park or casual dinner parties at home, summer entertaining gets a little sweeter when you serve up the right desserts.
When the weather warms up, let the flavors from your kitchen reflect the bright tastes of the summer season. From cherries to blueberries, Lucky Leaf Premium Pie Fillings come in a variety of flavors to perk up your outdoor menu.
Ending your summer event with a sweet finale is important, but you don’t have to spend all your time preparing it. The best desserts are effortless, and can be whipped up quickly.
This recipe for Cherry Pineapple Cabana Cake can be baked up in just one hour and combines the flavors of pineapple and cherries, topped with shredded coconut and macadamia nuts. Lemony Blueberry Layered Pie takes only 20 minutes to prepare, one hour to chill and serves up the crowd-pleasing flavors of cream cheese, zesty lemon and blueberries on a graham cracker crust.
For more ways to wow your summertime guests with fruity and fun recipes, visit www.LuckyLeaf.com.
Lemony Blueberry Layered Pie
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 can (21 ounces) can Lucky Leaf Premium Blueberry Pie Filling
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust
- Combine cream cheese, condensed milk and powdered sugar in large bowl. Using electric mixer, mix at medium speed for 1-2 minutes, until smooth. Add pudding mix, lemon zest and lemon juice; mix until well blended.
- Spoon about half of pie filling evenly into bottom of graham cracker crust. Spoon lemon-filling mixture on top and spread evenly. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Spoon remaining pie filling on top just before serving. Garnish with fresh lemon zest if desired.
Cherry Pineapple Cabana Cake
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice (do not drain)
- 1 can (21 ounces) Lucky Leaf Regular or Premium Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 bag (7 ounces) coconut, shredded
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease 9-by-13-inch baking pan. In prepared baking pan, layer undrained crushed pineapple, then pie filling. Sprinkle dry cake mix over top, smoothing evenly and covering top.
- Pour melted butter or margarine over top, covering evenly. Top with coconut and nuts.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until brown on top and bubbly.
- Let cool 30 minutes. Serve warm or cooled.